Customizing the plan you select
We offer a plan modification service
for those plans offered on our site.
Ted Mahaffey Home Designs
Choose a plan, mark it up to suit your needs and we will make it work for you. What will it cost?
Much depends on the kinds of revisions required. If the exterior dimension and the location of
stairs remain the same, then the cost is much lower. Here we would be changing interior walls,
but the structural plans would not require a change. Changes in structure, elevations, electrical
layout, decks and porches could run more. Consider also, some minor modifications can be
made with a red marker between you and your contractor without going to the expense of a
Note that plans that have a basement will also include a foundation plan where a basement will
not be required.
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE A CHANGE ORDER:
1. Select your plan from our web site. Order from OPTION II on the "Your Costs" link, which
includes 8 1/2"x11" modification work sheets at $100.00 per set to cover cost of review set and
2. FAX, email or mail your changes. We will price the changes and advise you of the cost: FAX:
828/724-4814; mail to Ted Mahaffey Home Designs, 715 Hidden View Loop, Marion, NC
28752; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you approve of the quoted price email in your order to our address below. You will be
charged the revision amount less $50.00 of the amount prepaid for OPTION II. Revisions will
take from two to three weeks. We will always endeavor to complete them sooner where possible.
HERE ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO WHAT
WE WILL NEED TO REVISE YOUR PLANS:
- Write in the changes you want on the interior, i.e.: set breakfast bar at
angle; increase size of door in master bedroom; change window
dimensions to Andersen brand, etc.
- Write in the changes you need on the exterior, i.e.: reverse plans right
to left; extend rear porch out 2'; reduce exterior dimensions to 56'x30'
per drawing; eliminate exterior fireplace, etc.
- Then show your changes on the house plan sheets as illustrated below.
PRINT YOUR CHANGES USING A PEN WITH HEAVY BLACK INK OR A
FELT-TIP PEN, GIVING US A CLEAR DESCRIPTION OF EACH AREA OF
USE "DEPTH" FOR FRONT TO BACK AND "WIDTH" FROM LEFT TO
INDICATE THE DIRECTION OF THE GRADE, i.e.: "The lot drops from
the front of the lot to the back," or "the lot is level."
Fax, mail or email your changes to the number or addresses above.